How Do I Keep My Drains Clean?
Cleaning out a clogged drain can be time consuming and sometimes costly process. The best solution for a clearing drains is to prevent a clog from happening in the first place. Performing regular maintenance and keeping your household drains in top shape with a few tried and true methods can help avoid costly repairs. EVERYDAYPLUMBER.com has a few plumbing tips below to help you keep your bathtub plumbing and kitchen plumbing free of drain clogs.
If at any time you have concerns about the health of you drains and sewer line, call EVERYDAYPLUMBER.com at 813-872-0200 or 727-362-5500. You can also submit a plumbing & drain cleaning request on our website and we will get a plumber to you ASAP. Our plumbers have decades of experience and the tools for clearing drains to get your home or business up and running quickly at a price you can afford.
Clearing Drains | Tampa Plumbing Tips
- Use strainers in all your plumbing drains to catch hair and other foreign objects from going down the drain. It is easier, and cheaper to clear out a strainer once every few days than to have plumber clean your drain every six months.
- Do not let small pieces of soap go down the drain. Do not assume that soap will dissolve and wash away. Soap buildups occur from allowing small or large pieces of soap to slip down the drain.
- Do not flush anything other than toilet paper down the drain. Flushing cotton balls, Q-tips, cigarette butts, band-aids, dental floss, and condoms can lead to toilet back-ups. Many people think products such as sanitary wipes and feminine products labeled “flushable” are safe to flush, but they are not. “Flushable” products are one of the leading causes of drain clogs. This is not only a household problem, but has become an issue for municipal facilities experiencing costly sewer clogs.
- If you have a garbage disposal, do not put meat products, celery or similar vegetables, egg shells, or pour grease in the disposal. These items are not easily broken up and are sure to cause a kitchen sink clog in the future.
- Every three months, pour a half cup of baking soda in the drain then slowly add a half cup of vinegar. Let the mixture sit in the drain for a few minutes. Then rinse the mixture away by running lots of hot water down the drain. This process will not only keep your drains free running, it will keep them smelling clean as well.
EVERYDAYPLUMBER.com 24/7 are certainly with out no doubt the best. I have used their services twice. The staff are friendly, courteous, understanding, and professional starting from the person scheduling the... read moreIris R.
EVERYDAYPLUMBER.com is a great company. They are fast and friendly with the work and pricing is very affordable and competitive to others in the area. We have had several problems... read moreHeather S.
I called EVERYDAYPLUMBER.com when i found myself with no hot water. Ryan came, walked me through the diagnosis and completed all the work right then. I would definitely use them... read moreKelly R.
Ryan was excellent. He was very professional and friendly. Ryan explained everything he was doing and my options. He also addressed the rest of the plumbing in my house and... read moreVicki B.
Came home from a weekend in Orlando with no hot water and a flooded garage. Every Day Plumber came out on today (Sunday afternoon) and replaced my water heater. These... read moreAmanda B.
Professionalism at its finest! I met with two different technicians and both were extremely knowledgeable and courteous. I would definitely use this company again.Acquanetta H.
I am so grateful for this company! We had some plumbing issues come up in between holidays and didn’t know what to expect. This was very nerve wracking. Everyday Pulmbing... read moreStephanie T.
We have had two great experiences with Ryan from Everyday Plumber. He is timely, honest and very professional with his work. He explained to me his diagnosis in... read moreJared B.
I had Ryan come by today and he was on time and so very courteous!! he didn't just replace my garbage disposal, he also explained to me exactly why it... read morenia s.
These guys came out in 30 minutes and fixed a broken pipe in my home. He was very professional and did great work. Will use again thanks!!Marko D.
Five stars to Rich and Alan and their crew. They were professional and so polite. And though replacing sewer plumbing is a messy job, they minimized the mess... read moreAnn L.
THE BEST plumbers in Tampa, hands down. I have used multiple services before with mixed results, Everyday Plumber has been exceptional...every time. Not only honest and ethical, but extremely timely... read moreMichael B.
These guys are awesome! Sprang a leak under my kitchen sink on St. Patty’s Sunday morning. They arrived before 10 am and got my kitchen faucet replaced within the hour.... read moreSteven H.
Great service , Great Plumber! Needed the drain cleaned in my condo for a clogged kitchen sink. Arrived on time, got the problem fixed quickly and was happy with the... read moreLauren R.
I’m gonna do a slow clap for these guys. Chris, Todd, and helper Joseph did excellent work.
I had a complicated problem that no less than 4 other plumbers looked at... read moreDavid D.
If you are in need of professional drain cleaning in the Tampa Bay area, our expertly trained Tampa plumbers are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. EVERYDAYPLUMBER.com services all of Hillsborough, Pasco, and Pinellas counties. We look forward to assisting you with your plumbing repair needs and welcoming you to our plumbing family.